THOMAS COOK has reported a surge in October holiday books, as Brits start to bank on a sun-soaked getaway from autumn onwards.
The travel company, which relaunched as an online travel agent last year after the original tour operator went bust, has predicted an ‘endless summer’ as a result of the new boost.
It says that more than 40 per cent of its holidays booked this past week are for October onwards – up from only 10 per cent in December.
Dubbing the trend “Flocktober”, Thomas Cook said it had seen a shift in holiday booking patterns over its month-long sale, with Brits moving from booking holidays from May onwards, to banking on breaks from October onwards.
Those looking to book an autumn break can find discounted holidays at a number of travel companies.
Some of the best deals are:
- Seven-night all-inclusive holiday at Columbus Apthotel, Playa del las Americas, Tenerife – from £576pp
- Seven-night all-inclusive holiday at TUI Suneo Tamaimo Tropical, Puerto de Santiago, Tenerife – from £544pp
- Seven-night holiday at the Hard Rock Hotel, Playa Paraiso, Tenerife on a bed & breakfast basis – from £765pp
- Seven-night holiday at Oceano Apartments, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote on a self-catering basis – from £302pp
- Seven-night all-inclusive holiday at Blue Bay Aparthotel, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote – from £541pp
- Seven-night all-inclusive holiday at TUI Suneo El Trebol, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote – from £558pp
- Seven-night holiday at Beatriz Costa Teguise, Lanzarote on a half board basis – from £634pp
- Seven-night all-inclusive holiday at TUI Suneo Ialyssos Bay Hotel – from £558pp
- Seven-night holiday at Bel Air Hotel, Rhodes on a half board basis – from £579pp
- Seven-night holiday at Sunny Hill apartments, Paphos, Cyprus on a self-catering basis – from £319pp
- Seven-night holiday at Playa Ferrera Apartments – Cala d’or, Majorca on a self-catering basis – from £249pp
- Seven-night all-inclusive holiday at Club B by BH Mallorca Hotel, Majorca – from £404pp
- Seven-night holiday at Majestic Palace, Sorrento, Italy on a half-board basis – from £532pp
- Seven-night all-inclusive holiday at Eftalia Aqua Resort, Alanya, Turkey – from £516pp
- Seven-night all-inclusive holiday at Blue Bay Resort, Rhodes, Greece – from £579pp
- Seven-night holiday at Terralta Apartments, Bendidorm on a self-catering basis – from £368pp
Top destinations that Brits are booking are the Canary Islands, Turkey, Greece and Egypt, as well as city breaks to New York and Las Vegas.
Phil Gardner, commercial director at Thomas Cook, said: “The recent messages from government seem to be prompting people to book later in the year.”
“We all need a holiday right now, after nearly a year of lockdowns and several more weeks of home-schooling, families are desperate to get away.”
“Based on our current booking numbers, Brits are clearly keen to get away this year even if it means waiting until the autumn or later.”
TravelSupermarket also recently reported that bookings have spiked in October, overtaking the July and August months.
Cheap villa holiday packages this summer including Spain & Greece from £178pp
England’s best family-friendly seaside towns – with deals from £54 a night
The UK’s best beaches from ones that are dog-friendly to the best for kids
Brits may not get holiday for a YEAR due to hotel quarantine plan, warns expert
HOP TUI IT
TUI slashes up to £300 off all-inclusive hols in May & June – from £28pp a night
While the school summer holiday is usually the most popular time for people to go away, travel uncertainty has got travellers looking even further ahead than usual.
And while it’s not possible to travel abroad at the moment due to the UK lockdown, banning all non-essential travel, there are still some great deals to be had on foreign breaks.
If you fancy staying in the UK, holiday parks are also offering huge bargains – some of which start from £3pp a night – and there are cheap deals in the UK’s warmest places.
There are cheap quirky homes to rent, Bridgerton-inspired stays and deals across UK theme parks, too.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.